Pages

Sunday 3 April 2011

Review: Cocolat, Adelaide, South Australia


After a very filling, satisfying, scrumptious steak meal at the Stag I did not think it possible that I could eat anything else…until…I was introduced to the Cocolat café!  I was presented with quite a dilemma, number one – feeling full, number two, being a traveller on a budget that was becoming tighter, and number three, being a traveller who was starting to put on a bit of weight!



But if you are a chocoholic then you will understand why I could not be the only person in the group not to partake in a little sampling!  It started quite innocently with just a hot chocolate, but after one visit to the counter I found I had ordered a chocolate orange cake and that James had ordered a white chocolate cake!  So we had gone from just having a drink, to sharing a cake, to having one each!!


However, this is a decision that still to this day I do not regret!  The cake was so delicious and so beautiful too!  It actually took a while for me to start eating it as I was marvelling at the craftsmanship that had gone into producing such a cake!  But tasting it made things get better.  The walls of the cake were solid chocolate and the sponge was moist and had a rich chocolate orange flavour to it.  James’ white chocolate cake was just as tasty and others round the table were making contented hmmmm noises!


Aside from the delicious food and drinks available at the café it has a great feel and it was refreshing to be able to sit in a café rather than a pub or bar as the only choice late in the evening.  The place was completely packed with groups of friends laughing and relaxing.  A definite visit for any chocolate lover visiting Adelaide.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing. I would certainly lose all willpower if I visited!

Post a Comment