13 brinky biscuits or shortbread/butter biscuits or granola bars
1 can condensed milk
Cocoa (chocolate powder)
Banana or pinapple
Small bag of marshmallows
Cocoa pops cereal
1. Crush the biscuits and layer the bottom of the cake tin with the biscuit crumbs.
2. Use approximately 1/3 of the condensed milk to pour an even layer over the biscuit base.
3. Slice the banana or pineapple and layer over the condensed milk.
*At this point if you are using any of the additional extras you can add now – e.g. raisins are good or cocoa pops cereal.
4. Use a small amount of water or milk to mix with the cocoa powder and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the layer.
5. Next place marshmallows around the edge of the cake tin. You can also do a think layer of porridge oats at this point.
6. Use another 1/3 of the condensed milk and again layer the fruit on top.
Repeat this until the cake tin (tins – we usually filled 2 normal size cake tins) is full. You can use popcorn on top instead of marshmallows. Also, you can do another biscuit layer half way through if you wish.
Another variation is to mix the crushed biscuits in with some condensed milk to begin with for the base. This recipe is very basic and you can vary it as you please – that’s the beauty! It always tastes amazing though!