Ingredients (makes approx 200)
4 lb sugar
1 oz cinnamon
12 lb flour
9.5 oz margarine
13.5 oz lard
2 litre milk
pinch of salt
3 spoons vanilla
4 oz bicarbonate of soda
1. Whisk the eggs until very thick and light. (Elizabeth had me doing this for at least 20 minutes!!)
2. Add the sugar and whisk thoroughly.
3. Heat the cinnamon sticks for a few minutes and then crush.
4. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl.
6. Pour in the sugar and egg mix.
9. Cook in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden brown.