Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Review: Prata Saga Sambal Berlada stall, Little India, Tekka Market, Singapore

In the heart of Singapore city’s Little India is the Tekka food market.  Inside are hundreds of food vendors each in small stalls and cooking up a range of aromas.  It is not just Indian food you can find inside the market, but it is the reason we went so we choose a prata/murbartha stall.


Prata bread is one of my favourite Indian small meals that I fondly remember enjoying whilst visiting India on work trips a couple of years ago.  I have tried to find it in England ever since but have had no luck.  So this market made me really smile and excited about the prospect of having some of the tasty bread once again!



We had a chat with the friendly owners of the Prata Saga stall whose family were from beautiful Kerala in South India.  He showed me step by step how he made the bread and we ordered fresh juice to accompany our meal from the next door stall.  I had the chicken murbatha which had egg, chicken inside and James had the egg and cheese prata.  Both were served with a delicious curry sauce for dipping the bread in.  the meal was perfect and left me craving more despite being full!

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment