Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

Review: Bharani@Thailand Creative Design Centre, Bangkok, Thailand

The Thailand Creative and Design Centre (TCDC) is a really interesting centre at the top of the Emporium shopping mall in Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.  I headed over for a wonder round after visiting the Jim Thompson House, also well worth a visit.


The centre is home to exhibition space, a shop, film gallery watching space, a resource centre, a restaurant - Bharani and café.  I had heard good reports about the café and hadn’t eaten all day so when I arrived I did not hesitate about grabbing a table to eat!  Unfortunately I did not realise that there was also another restaurant so didn’t end up eating in the one I had been recommended.  However, I was not disappointed with the food at Bharani, even if it was a little pricier than my usual meal in Bangkok!



The restaurant is lovely and you can see into the open kitchen which is nice.  I ordered some salmon with rice and it was really tasty.  I gobbled it down!  I have to say the salmon portion was definitely stingy – it should have been twice the size, and the rice portion was huge!  However, both were cooked really well, crisp fish skin but succulent inside and the flavours were lovely.  It was really relaxing to sit and enjoy food and a drink here and so I would definitely recommend.  Although I’d still like to try out the café near to the resource centre so anyone who has been let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was really nice to read article written on this blog. I would also like to add few techniques with best of my knowledge which can help reader more and more.
ของ ฝาก อิตาลี มิ ลาน

Unknown said...

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one. โปรโมชั่น Tops

Post a Comment